How to recruit staff effectively first time
How hard can it be to recruit employees? It’s a question many business managers ask themselves when they are in the thick of a recruitment process, especially when they have decided to take on the task themselves.
Finding the right candidates can be complex as the best people for a role are often not actively searching for new opportunities. Fail to find the right candidate and you have to start all over again, which is a drain on resources and your time.
So how do you recruit staff effectively and avoid that costly second round of interviews?
An effective recruitment strategy
A mix of advertising and head hunting is the best way to create a shortlist of people who meet the requirements of your vacant post and, importantly, who are a good fit for your organisation.
As a specialist in recruitment for the social housing sector our tried and tested process includes:
- Producing and placing recruitment adverts
- Production of professional recruitment packs
- A dedicated website advertising the role
- Candidate response handling and management
- A full head hunt of qualified individuals who have the skills and attributes needed
- Longlisting and shortlisting of candidates
- Organising psychometric testing and assessment, if required
- Management of the interview process
- Acting as a member of the interview panel, if required
- Management of the offer process.
As you can see, there are multiple steps to effective employee recruitment and all of this can take a considerable amount of organisation. However, being thorough ensures success, which in turn means you don’t have to re-advertise.
A recruitment consultancy for the affordable housing sector
The easiest way to recruit employees is to bring in a specialist recruitment consultancy. Ocean Edge has more than 20 years experience in finding the right people for the job.
Notably, the majority of our clients are repeat customers because they have seen the benefits of working with us instead of trying to recruit themselves. This is because we:
- focus on achieving a 100% success rate
- are a small, highly skilled and dedicated team who are passionate about placing the right people in the right roles
- and we keep our fees lower than other search firms because we are driven by success, so we don’t need to charge higher to cover failed recruitment processes.
If you work in a social housing organisation and want to build a strong executive team and board talk to us about how we can deliver effective recruitment and executive search services for you.
Find out more by getting in touch with our teams based in London and Southampton. Call 023 8000 1153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.