We are working with Octavia Housing to recruit a Sustainability and Energy Manager to take the lead role in energy procurement and in developing and delivering an Environmental strategy.
Octavia is a successful and ambitious housing organisation that has been delivering affordable homes in London for over 150 years. They currently manage around 5,000 properties in central and west London, and are committed to increasing their stock of high quality, affordable properties to provide homes for people who would otherwise be priced out of the capital.
A Sustainability and Energy Manager is needed to take the lead on energy procurement, and promote environmental sustainability across the organisation.
Minimising the impact on the environment has always been a focus for Octavia Housing and they work to ensure new and existing homes are built and maintained in a way that delivers sustainability; both in the impact on the environment and long term affordability.
A Sustainability and Energy Manager is required to ensure these aims are delivered. You will work closely with the Development and Asset Management Departments and also take a lead role in developing, updating and delivering the Environmental Strategy.
• Lead on the delivery of Octavia’s Environmental Strategy.
• Ensure Value For Money in Energy Procurement.
• Ensure metering and billing contracts are in place and income/outgoing are reconciled.
• Advise residents on energy reduction matters at resident events.
• Work closely with the development department on handover of new build schemes.
• Work closely with colleagues to ensure energy reduction and environmental improvement to the Octavia stock.
• Report on the progress of the Environmental Strategy.
• Set targets to reduce energy.
• Ensure the communal heating system complies with metering and billing regulations.
• Commission metering and billing agents for new schemes.
• Monitor tariff settings, efficiency of systems, costs of metering and billing, and gas procurement.
• Coordinate and liaise with internal departments involved in the metering and billing process when setting up new properties to ensure a smooth handover.
• Ensure meters are maintained and systems run efficiently.
• Check billing, service charges and tariff setting are compliant.
• Manage bulk gas and electric contracts.
• Monitor price of energy supplies and assess the impact of price changes.
• Ensure all schemes are fair to residents.
• Monitor energy usage across the organisation to help make efficiencies.
• Educate staff and managers to reduce energy consumption.
• Keep up to date with changes in energy regulation and with industry standard best practice.
• Ensure tenancy and lease agreements are contractually up to date regarding metering and utility charges.
• Manage the Green Doctor service in conjunction with the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea.
• Manage budgets and maximise grant funding for energy works.
You will need:
• Experience of energy procurement, ideally within the social housing sector
• 5 years experience in an energy related post
• Proven track record in delivering sustainable projects
• Experience in environmental management and sustainability and managing budgets
• A degree in Environmental/Energy Management (or equivalent)
• Member of a recognised professional body
• Understanding of metering arrangements in properties and of heat network metering and billing regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to use to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong planning and organisation skills
For further information on the role contact us on 02380 001 153 / email@example.com
Please email your CV and a covering letter clearly explaining how you meet the person specification to : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please get in touch with the Ocean Edge team on 023 8000 1153.
Sign up today to receive regular job alerts directly to your inbox