Our client is one of the UK’s leading housing associations and one of London’s largest residential developers. They currently manage over 95,000 properties and have an ambitious development programme to build 10,000 new homes in 10 years. They need a proactive Senior Regeneration Manager to take the lead on an award winning multi-million pound regeneration scheme that will transform a West London estate with over 2,500 new homes and new social and community facilities.
The role would suit someone with natural leadership and strong negotiating skills, alongside a commitment to want to create better homes and stronger communities.
You will need a solid background in housing, regeneration, community development or partnership working. As well as experience and skills you will also need to possess the confidence to successfully deliver a multi-million capital and social investment project. You will require excellent communication skills as you will be engaging with stakeholders throughout the regeneration process. You will need to be flexible and able to adapt to the changing demands of a complex regeneration programme; dealing with potential conflict and offering solutions (eg managing leasehold negotiations and working closely with the local authority).
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team and deliver a major regeneration scheme in the capital.
The role involves:
• Leading a team and managing the day to day activities of the regeneration programme.
• Delivering the development agreement including communicating the decant proposals and programme, monitoring and supporting the local authority to gain vacant possession of the existing residential and commercial properties and managing risks associated.
• Developing, maintaining and influencing relationships with key stakeholders and partners e.g. residents, community stakeholders, the Greater London Authority and the local authority.
• Preparing, managing and controlling budgets.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory provisions.
• Marketing, managing and selling shared equity homes.
• Maintaining the necessary relevant records and systems surrounding new allocations, invoices, financial, overseeing lettings and allocations process.
• Managing risks associated with areas surrounding environmental, financial, and reputational and delivery risk.
You will need:
• Housing, regeneration and community development experience.
• Experience of the building industry.
• Experience of managing, leading and motivating a team of staff.
• Strong financial and commercial acumen, and risk management skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to produce and present reports
• Strong influencing and diplomacy skills.
• Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills.
• To be educated to degree level (or equivalent relevant experience).
• Excellent IT skills.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and access to a full suite of benefits including: 26 days holiday per year, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent pension scheme and real investment in your personal and career development. Other benefits include Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
To apply for the role please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search email@example.com before 11th December 2018.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call Claire Goodall on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up to our mailing list receive regular job alerts