Our client is a new development company which has been set up by a local authority to deliver high quality private and affordable homes that will regenerate neighbourhoods and return profits to the council.
The company has exciting plans to deliver 700 new homes within five years and the first two major projects comprising 145 new homes have recently been submitted for planning approval.
A Senior Project Manager is needed to drive forward the delivery of the early schemes while additional sites are being progressed through pre-planning stages. This is a great opportunity to join a new and exciting housing organisation and play a key role in its foundation and expansion.
You will project manage a wide range of high profile new build housing projects from inception to completion, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality. You will also assist on the development of projects within the delivery pipeline.
This is a fast paced role which requires the post holder to be self-motivated, extremely well organised and able to lead and control projects efficiently and effectively.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress including programme, finance, marketing, sales and risks
• Receive and review detailed reports from the delivery team and incorporate into monthly project managers report
• When necessary contribute to Board reports
• Supervise project delivery team and external consultants
• Ensure statutory requirements are met
• Manage project budgets and design development
• Co-ordinate stakeholder input and engagement
• Monitor construction programme and opportunities for improved delivery
• Oversee the site and conduct regular site visits and quality checks
• Proactively identify potential problems, conflicts, design and delivery issues using risk management tools and skills
• Define and implement risk management systems
• Oversee and coordinate competitive procurement processes
• Negotiate and award contracts
• Report on progress, costs and quality
• Work with the Council property team, consultants and stakeholders to oversee and coordinate marketing, sales and land purchase agreements
You will need:
• An understanding of the public sector
• A good understanding of residential construction and sector
• The ability to work as part of a small team with demanding targets
• A ‘can do’ proactive approach and attitude
• An ability to resolve problems
• Experience in compiling tender packages
• An ability to communicate effectively
• An ability to keep accurate records
• An understanding of D&B forms of building contract and Development Agreements
For further information and the Recruitment Pack can be found here
To apply for the role please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search email@example.com by Thursday 17th January 2019.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.