We are working with PA Housing, an award winning housing association dedicated to delivering high quality housing and first class services to residents. They manage 24,000 homes across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East.
They are looking for a Senior Land Manager to identify, appraise, negotiate and acquire land in order to develop homes for affordable rent, shared ownership and private sale. You will secure planning, appoint and manage design and professional teams to agree development agreements and land and JCT contracts. Although some site visits are required across London and the Southeast, there is the option for flexible working from home.
The role involves:
- Sourcing and acquiring land for development that maximises returns and minimises subsidy requirements, with a view to increasing handovers year on year.
- Working to achieve targets of delivering 750 starts per annum by 2022/23 through land-led, s106 and package deals.
- Managing a small team of staff in the New Business team.
- Developing and maintaining regular contacts with Land Agents/Owners and working closely with local authorities and public bodies to explore partnership opportunities.
- Negotiating the purchase of land and agreeing heads of terms.
- Appointing relevant professional teams.
- Obtaining RICS valuation advice, preparing and checking financial feasibility.
- Leading and managing the planning process and negotiating the S106 agreement.
- Maintaining up to date budgets for all schemes and ensuring accurate forecasting of milestone dates
We really want to hear from you if you have:
- A Degree in Estate Management or another relevant discipline or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record in the acquisition of Land Led, S106 and Package opportunities for a Housing Association or Public/Private Sector.
- Knowledge of GLA & HCA requirements and a sound knowledge of option agreements and land contracts.
- Detailed understanding of the planning policy and of JCT contracts.
- A strong network of land agents and owners.
- Understanding of residual land valuation, financial appraisals and land viability assessments.
- Detailed knowledge of using PAMWIN
- A clean full driving licence and use of a car for frequent travel and regular site visits.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and many other benefits including opportunities to develop your career, a generous pension scheme and Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health.
How To Apply
To apply for the role
Please email your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Monday 27 September, 2021 at 12 noon.
Click here to download a recruitment pack with full details about the role.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.