This is a fantastic opportunity to join a respected housing association managing 15,000 homes for affordable rent or sale across London and the South East. In order to achieve their targets of delivering 600 new homes each year our client requires a Senior Land and New Business Manager to take the lead on securing new development opportunities.
Using a network of contacts you will identify and secure opportunities to construct new high quality homes and neighbourhoods. You will negotiate contracts and carry out cost and risk assessments to ensure schemes are successful. The role involves managing budgets and project teams. Alongside solid experience and technical expertise, you will need to be target orientated with a competitive edge to help drive forward ambitious expansion plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing organisation; our client achieved the highest rating possible from the Regulator for Social Housing for governance and financial viability. They welcome applications from anyone with the right skills and experience wherever you are in your career. Whether you are looking for a promotion, returning to work after a break or having previously worked in a more senior role and would like to benefit from their flexible working practices, please get in touch.
The role involves
• Identifying, evaluating and securing development opportunities through land, Section 106 deals, land/build packages, and/or other partnership arrangements.
• Ensuring all new opportunities meet financial, quality and strategic objectives.
• Keeping accurate records which meet audit requirements.
• Working with internal teams and external consultants to optimise the development potential of sites, maximise revenue potential and sustainability.
• Taking responsibility for monitoring expenditure and leading on due diligence.
• Deputising for the Head of Land and New Business as appropriate.
• Leading projects from inception to pre-start on site and managing the effective handover of sites.
• Leading on negotiations with contractors, local authorities and other stakeholders.
• Identifying risks and mitigation actions.
• Writing and presenting reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
• Instructing, managing and monitoring consultant teams.
• Negotiating land contracts, development agreements, planning agreements and build contracts.
• Identifying opportunities within existing assets and assisting with land disposals.
You will need:
• To be educated to Degree level or equivalent ideally with a professional qualification such as RICS, RIBA, or MRTPI
• At least 4 years of experience in a New Business or Land Buying role with a proven track record of closing deals
• Experience and knowledge of the Development Process, ideally in a social housing context
• Experience of financial appraisal modelling and risk management
• Experience and knowledge of different types of building contracts and of managing technical/ professional teams to carry out due diligence
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills
• A full driving licence with access to a car
Our client is happy to consider individuals who are looking to work less than 5 days a week and candidates who would like to benefit from their flexible and remote working options. These include working from home or from one of their other office locations.
As well as a competitive salary you will also receive a range of benefits including:
• Flexible and remote working options
• Annual performance based bonus up to 10% of salary
• Competitive pension options
• 25 days holiday rising incrementally up to a maximum of 30 days plus 3 days closure at Christmas
• Medicash health cash plan
• Car Leasing scheme
• Free car parking
• Professional memberships paid
• Leadership training and development
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Friday 6 March 2020.
To download a recruitment pack containing more details about the role and a full job description please visit www.oceanedge.biz/paradigm
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please contact Philip Foster on email@example.com or call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up here today to receive regular job alerts direct to your inbox