We are working with PA Housing, an award winning social housing provider dedicated to delivering high quality housing and first class services to residents. They manage 24,000 homes across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East and have ambitious plans to grow.
They are looking for an experienced Development professional to identify and secure regeneration and wider development opportunities (both focused on existing assets and through partnership working) to help deliver 500 new homes each year. You will lead the delivery of specific regeneration schemes from inception to completion, to ensure projects meet cost, time and quality standards. Although some site visits are required across London and the Southeast, PA Housing supports flexible working with the option to work from home.
The role involves:
- Identifying and evaluating regeneration opportunities within existing stock and making the business case for redevelopment.
- Project managing the delivery of complex multi-phased mixed-tenure schemes while on site.
- Optimizing opportunities to secure additional community benefits through regeneration, such as new community facilities and education, training and employment opportunities.
- Leading on negotiations to acquire land for regeneration projects.
- Building strong working relationships with local authorities, developers and other partners.
- Leading engagement strategies for regeneration initiatives and coordinating community consultation events.
- Procuring, appointing and managing design teams, technical and legal consultants.
- Leading on the planning application process.
- Proactively managing project risks and maintaining robust risk registers.
- Preparing funding bids and managing scheme budgets.
We really want to hear from you if you have:
- A degree or a demonstrable equivalent level of experience and technical ability gained from the social housing sector.
- Extensive technical knowledge of building procurement, development planning, and design and construction technology.
- Membership of a professional body associated with the construction industry e.g. CIH, RICS, and CIOB.
- Proven experience of managing complex regeneration schemes from inception to completion.
- Detailed knowledge of the planning process and experience procuring consultants and contractors in a regeneration or construction environment.
- Experience of carrying out financial appraisals, managing budgets and making funding applications.
- Experience of delivering schemes under JCT Design & Build Contracts and Development Agreements.
- Experience of managing teams of staff or consultants
- IT skills and experience of using appraisal software such as PAMWIN.
- A clean full driving licence and use of a car for frequent travel and regular site visits.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and many other benefits including opportunities to develop your career, a generous pension scheme and Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search email@example.com before the closing date of 12 noon Friday 17 September, 2021.
Click here to download the SDM (Regeneration) recruitment pack with full details of the role and person specification.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please call 023 8000 1153. Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.