We are working with PA Housing, an award winning social housing provider dedicated to delivering high quality housing and first class services to residents. They manage 24,000 homes across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East.
To help them achieve their ambitious development programme they are looking for a Senior Development Manager to lead on the project management of significant land-led new residential and mixed use developments from inception through to completion. Although some site visits are required across London and the Southeast, PA Housing supports flexible working with the option to work from home.
- Take overall responsibility for project management and lead teams of consultants and contractors to deliver a portfolio of complex housing development schemes of all tenures, including Rent, Shared Ownership, Commercial and Private Sale.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to your direct reports.
- Plan and manage a portfolio of projects to ensure schemes are delivered on time and to budget and meet the highest quality standard.
- Provide regular performance information (scheme progress, risk analysis, and expenditure against budget) and programme update reports.
- Manage the contract budgets to ensure that the total scheme costs remain within the Approved Budget.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with key strategic partners.
- Assist in the selection, appointment and briefing of consultants and in monitoring performance of consultants and contractors
We really want to hear from you if you:
- Have at least 5 years experience of managing the delivery of complex and challenging residential schemes from inception to completion.
- Are educated to degree level or equivalent or can demonstrate experience of new scheme procurement including scheme optimisation, Two Stage tendering, managing the design process and monitoring scheme progress and programme.
- Are a member of a professional body e.g. RICS, CIOB, CIH.
- Are experienced in procuring and managing consultants and contractors in a regeneration or construction environment.
- Possess strong financial acumen and experience of carrying out financial appraisals.
- Are a skilled team leader and have experience in managing development staff and a small development team of project managers.
- Hold a clean full driving licence and have use of a car for frequent travel and regular site visits.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and many other benefits including opportunities to develop your career, a generous pension scheme and Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search email@example.com before the closing date of 12 noon Friday 17 September, 2021.
Click here to download the SDM (Delivery) recruitment pack with full details of the role and person specification.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please call 023 8000 1153. Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.