Our client is a pro-active, pro-development and pro-investment London Council looking for a Principal Project Manager to join an expanding team to deliver their ambitious plans.
Our client is now actively recruiting to a number of permanent positions to support a development and regeneration programme of £3billion plus in value consisting of 9 regeneration projects, a direct build programme, £100m GLA housing investment, a wholly owned Company and a strong forward programme spanning many years.
Our client has ambitious housing targets to deliver with its partners – 2500 Genuinely Affordable Homes by 2022 – and is already on the way to achieving this after securing funding from the GLA to deliver London’s biggest target of 1,138 homes under the Mayor’s ‘Building Homes for Londoners’ programme.
They are looking for experienced candidates who are used to working autonomously with a good understanding of housing development and managing projects from inception to completion.
The successful candidate will have:
1. Substantial track record of successfully managing and delivering new build and regeneration development projects from pipeline, scheme development and design, planning, through to contract let, on site project management, scheme completion, final account and latent defects period.
2. Working in an urban environment across multi-stakeholder environments with competing objectives, identifying and mitigating risks for new build schemes, construction and legal contracts relating to new build housing schemes
3. Use of financial modelling software, e.g. Proval or equivalent, to carry out financial appraisals and scenario analysis for affordable housing and mixed housing tenure developments to achieve scheme viability.
4. Managing substantial client capital budgets and providing financial/budgetary management information and reporting systems.
5. Successfully bidding for funding from public and/or private sector sources and securing internal budgets to allow schemes to progress.
6. Procuring consultants, developers and contractors in a property-related environment.
7. Extensive experience of matrix management and managing and motivating teams, including coordinating internal clients and external multi-disciplinary teams to ensure quality schemes are delivered within timescales and budget.
8. Demonstrate an awareness of diversity and accessibility issues relating to housing and housing design.
9. Strong awareness of Health & Safety within the construction industry, CDM regulations and JCT D&B contracts.
10. Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of new house and apartment building, avoidance of defective works and quality inspection procedures.
11. Sound knowledge of the construction industry, housing management, and legal contracts relating to new build housing schemes.
12. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
13. Able to demonstrate ability to set and deliver against clear objectives, handle competing priorities and decision-making in a complex political environment.
14. Knowledge and proven track record of leading negotiations to work up joint ventures and the commercial arrangements that underpin such partnerships, and the benefits and challenges of joint ventures.
15. Ability to undertake resident and stakeholder consultation for new build housing schemes, including the development of consultation strategies in diverse communities.
16. Knowledge of relevant local, regional and national housing, planning and procurement challenges, standards, legislation and policies.
17. Experience of on pre and post-contract governance relating to new build housing programmes and major projects
18. Educated to degree level, with an appropriate property qualification such as membership of RICS, MICE, RTPI, CIOB, MCIH or similar.
19. Proficient in the use MS Office applications, MS Project (or similar PM software) and financial appraisal modelling
Now is an exciting time to join this London Council that has one of the best reputations in the UK for private-public sector partnership working and for making positive change happen.
To apply please email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7th August 2019
To talk to us please call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up at www.oceanedge.biz today to receive regular job alerts direct to your inbox