This is a fantastic opportunity to join a respected housing association managing 15,000 homes for affordable rent or sale across London and the South East. In order to meet their targets of delivering 600 new homes per year our client requires a Planning and Regeneration Manager to drive projects through the planning process, ensuring quality of build and commercial viability.
Acting as the day-to-day manager of multiple internal and external project teams you will oversee the promotion of 300-400 plots at various sites. Working with internal staff teams and a range of stakeholders including consultants, landowners, land agents, local authority officers, councillors and funders, your role will be to get schemes ‘construction ready’ whilst optimising the development potential.
You will need excellent project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to innovate and adapt, whilst meeting deadlines and achieving targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing organisation; our client achieved the highest rating possible from the Regulator for Social Housing for governance and financial viability. They welcome applications from anyone with the right skills and experience wherever you are in your career. Whether you are looking for a promotion, returning to work after a break or having previously worked in a more senior role and would like to benefit from their flexible working practices, please get in touch.
The role involves:
• Working with the Head of Planning and Promotion to manage consultant teams.
• Engaging with Local Authority partners to pursue residential developments.
• Forging and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders including local authority officers, residents/tenants groups, consultants, and promotors.
• Acting as a team expert on Town Planning issues.
• Writing and presenting regular reports to selected stakeholder groups, both internal and external.
• Ensuring agreed performance targets are met or exceeded.
• Identifying or controlling risks and suggesting solutions.
• Ensuring effective monitoring of all land being promoted.
You will need:
• A relevant degree and at least 4-5 years experience in development surveying and / or town planning (ideally in social housing).
• Qualified Chartered Town Planner (MRTPI) and RICS / RIBA.
• Demonstrable success in securing residential-led planning consents for a variety of projects.
• Experience of managing complex technical and professional teams to achieve success.
• Experience of working with construction teams to ensure buildability, value, and quality of the finished neighbourhood.
• Experience and knowledge of development appraisals, risk management, establishing effective systems, reporting and project management.
• Numerate, entrepreneurial and an excellent communicator verbally and in writing.
Our client is happy to consider individuals who are looking to work less than 5 days a week and candidates who would like to benefit from their flexible and remote working options. These include working from home or from one of their other office locations.
As well as a competitive salary you will also receive a range of benefits including:
• Flexible and remote working options
• Annual performance based bonus up to 10% of salary
• Competitive pension options
• 25 days holiday rising incrementally up to a maximum of 30 days plus 3 days closure at Christmas
• Medicash health cash plan
• Car Leasing scheme
• Free car parking
• Professional memberships paid
• Leadership training and development
Please email your CV to email@example.com before the closing date of Friday 6 March, 2020.
To download a recruitment pack containing more details about the role and a full job description please visit www.oceanedge.biz/paradigm
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please contact Philip Foster on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up here today to receive regular job alerts direct to your inbox