Our client is a housing company that develops quality new homes across all tenures including market or discounted market rents, low cost home ownership, shared ownership, and private sale.
With exciting plans to deliver 1,200 new affordable homes by March 2022 they need an experienced planning and development surveyor to head up a new team to identify and progress new development opportunities.
You will lead a team of development staff working on a range of programmes, including acquisitions, appropriation, partnership and joint venture schemes, ensuring projects meet time, cost and quality specifications. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a reputable yet ambitious housing provider.
You will need experience of leading a development team and progressing new residential opportunities across a range of tenures. You must be MRICS qualified and skilled in carrying out options appraisals, viability studies and gaining planning approval. The successful candidate will have solid experience working with private developers, agents, consultants, construction contractors, solicitors and financial experts, and appointing and managing multi-disciplinary teams of professionals to ensure schemes are successful.
The role involves
• Managing a team to identify and progress development opportunities and secure planning approval
• Working in partnership with developers and existing partners to improve outcomes by increasing densities, delivering more affordable homes, and improving returns
• Monitoring, managing and reporting on programme delivery risks, and financial performance
• Ensuring homes meet statutory and regulatory requirements
• Managing the GLA grant programme and submitting bids for funding
• Project managing programmes including financial reporting and quality control
Please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.