Our client is looking for a Head of New Business to help them achieve their exciting development plans. They are a housing association dedicated to delivering quality homes, building communities and improving lives.
As Head of New Business you will manage a team to identify, lead and coordinate all land and property acquisitions and play a key role in driving forward the development strategy.
The role involves:
• Proactively pursuing new and innovative business opportunities
• Achieving high standards in design and sustainability
• Ensuring new homes meet the needs of current and future residents and communities
• Responding to development and funding opportunities and tenders
• Undertaking complex negotiations involving new business and regeneration projects, joint ventures and partnership working
• Working in partnership with internal clients to ensure that sustainability and management issues are considered as part of the decision making process
• Preparing board papers as required
• Monitoring the progress of schemes for risk and affordability and ensuring future maintenance costs are minimised
• Maximise surpluses from commercial activity to invest in the delivery of more affordable housing
You will need:
• A proven track record of bidding for and securing land and development opportunities and gaining residential planning consent
• An established network of contacts within residential development and construction
• Experience of preparing written reports and presentations
• Leadership skills and experience of managing teams
• Evidence of procuring and negotiating building contracts
• Strong financial acumen needed to manage budgets
• Evidence of great influencing skills
• The ability to work well under pressure whilst meeting goals.
• Professional qualifications such as RICS, MCIOB are an advantage
• A full driving licence and access to a car
Further details on the opportunity are available at www.oceanedge.biz/tc.
Please find below the links to download the full job description & Recruitment Pack
To apply for the role please email your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com before Friday 7th December 2018.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please contact Philip Foster at Ocean Edge Executive Search on 023 8000 1153.