We are working with a housing association to recruit a Fire Risk Surveyor/ Compliance Manager to take the lead to ensure properties are safe and comply with building regulations.
Our client is a successful and ambitious housing organisation that has been delivering affordable homes in London for over 150 years. They currently manage around 5,000 properties in central and west London, and are committed to increasing their stock of high quality, affordable properties to provide homes for people who would otherwise be priced out of the capital.
An experienced Fire Risk Surveyor is needed who shares their belief that well-planned, well-managed housing can improve lives and enhance communities. The role involves identifying, assessing and governing landlord compliance risk to ensure homes and neighbourhoods are safe.
• To be the primary point of contact on all fire safety issues.
• Undertake fire risk assessments and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
• Develop strategies and policies relating to building compliance related issues. Provide guidance, support and training on fire safety and fire related initiatives.
• Undertake regular reviews and evaluate risk and compliance.
• Identify, investigate, evaluate and resolve any issues and produce regular reports on the progress of fire risk assessments and actions.
• Monitor budgets and manage a budget of £500 per transaction to cover emergency works.
• Monitor the performance of the Compliance Programme.
• Work with contractors to ensure Value For Money and efficiency, and develop action plans and monthly performance reports for each contract
• Respond to residents’ queries and concerns relating to fire safety by attending inspections and providing relevant advice.
• Ensure every property has a fire safety action plan.
• Review fire strategies of new developments and recommend solutions to improve fire safety.
• Keep up to date with policy and procedures, current legislation and technological advances.
• Work closely with the Fire Brigade, attend Fire Brigade Audits, support the investigation of fire incidents and make recommendations for affected buildings.
• Manage the servicing and maintenance of fire extinguishers across the portfolio and manage planned works of fire alarm installations.
You will need:
• Project Management and supervision experience within a building and maintenance environment
• Experience of dealing with the public in a service environment,
• Experience of budget management and demonstrate strong numeracy skills
• Contract supervision and where necessary the need to issue permits to work
• Relevant qualifications in fire safety or building studies or similar qualification
• Knowledge of housing and formal building contracts
• Asbestos P402, 405, 406 or 407 Training or equivalent, UKATA Cat B working with asbestos
• Legionella P901 or City and Guilds WH001 or WH004 Training
• CSCS skill card
• IOSH or NEBOSH health and safety
• IFE/CIEH Fire Risk Assessment training or NEBOSH fire & risk
• Current driving licence
• Ability to work on your own initiative, prioritise your workload, and meet deadlines
• To be IT literate, in particular familiar with Excel and Word
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and co-operative working relationships
• Desire to learn and succeed within a building services environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing housing association that offers generous employee benefits including flexi-time, generous annual leave allowance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, a generous group personal pension scheme which doubles any contribution you make (up to a maximum of 10% of your salary), performance awards for top performing staff and an Employee Assistance Programme
To apply please email you CV and supporting statement to email@example.com
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.