Our client is one of the UK’s leading housing associations and one of London’s largest residential developers. They currently manage over 95,000 properties and have an ambitious development programme to build 10,000 new homes in 10 years. They need a proactive Development Manager to join their expanding regional development team based in Stratford covering North and West London. You will manage the delivery of a portfolio of projects to help the regional team complete 890 units this year and a pipe line of 1500 units by 2021/22.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a fast-paced environment that is transforming the capital’s skyline by developing more quality and affordable housing.
The role would suit someone who is driven and self-motivated and able to deliver successful development projects from inception to post-handover, with minimal supervision in a demanding customer faced environment. You’ll need to be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
The role includes:
• the day to day delivery of complex residential projects
• identifying and resolving problems to ensure schemes are delivered on time and on budget
• maintaining quality standards and meeting regulatory compliance
• compiling tender documents and reviewing tender returns
• negotiating and awarding contracts
• monitoring and reporting on contractors and consultant teams
• maintaining document management systems
• managing and limiting risk
• producing reports at relevant stages of a project
• liaising with internal teams and external partners to ensure time, cost and quality of project is properly managed
• managing and controlling budgets
• delivering and handing over schemes
• ensuring health and safety, regulatory and governance compliance
You will need:
• strong leadership and management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time, to budget and meet quality and regulatory standards
• strong project management skills gained within the social housing sector
• good commercial and financial acumen including associated risk management skills
• the ability to manage a budget, ensuring all activities achieve ‘best value’
• excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own work load
• excellent presentation and networking skills to deal effectively with a range of audiences and stakeholders
• experience of working in a customer faced environment
• collaboration, stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels
• professional qualification such as MRICS / MCIOB or work experience
• knowledge of contract law
• detailed knowledge of building practices, methods of construction, planning and development control, GLA/HCA capital funding rules
• strong communication and IT skills
In return you will receive:
• A competitive salary
• Competitive annual leave allowance
• Annual bonus subject to group performance
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance
• Flexible and agile working
• Childcare Plus vouchers and high street discounts
• Annual season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role, please call Claire Goodall on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.