We are working with PA Housing, an award winning social housing provider dedicated to delivering high quality housing and first class services to residents. The organisation manages 24,000 homes across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East.
To achieve their ambitious development plans they are looking for a Development Manager to lead the project management of new regeneration opportunities from inception to completion, ensuring projects meet milestones and budget requirements and that quality and compliance standards are met. Although some site visits are required across London and the Southeast, PA Housing supports flexible working with the option to work from home.
The role involves:
- Project managing a number of mixed tenure regeneration schemes.
- Leading teams of consultants and contractors to ensure schemes comply with all relevant funding and design standards.
- Compiling and managing project risk registers and managing budgets.
- Writing funding bids and preparing feasibility and viability appraisals.
- Providing regular performance information on scheme progress, risk analysis and expenditure against budget.
- Progressing schemes through design and planning.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with key partners including key Local Authorities, property developers, contractors, GLA, Homes England, local housing association partners, landowners, agents, private landlords and consultants.
We really want to hear from you if you have:
- A degree or a demonstrable equivalent level of experience and technical ability gained from the social housing sector.
- Extensive technical knowledge of building procurement, development planning, and design and construction technology.
- Membership of a professional body associated with the construction industry e.g. CIH, RICS, and CIOB.
- Knowledge of housing and regeneration strategy issues, funding procedures, Design & Quality Standards, project management and construction.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of a scheme from inception to completion, and through into defects.
- Experience of new scheme procurement including – scheme optimisation, Two Stage tendering and evaluation.
- Experience of delivering schemes under JCT Design & Build Contracts and Development Agreements.
- Experience of managing consultancy teams.
- IT skills and experience of using appraisal software such as PAMWIN.
- A clean full driving licence and use of a car for frequent travel and regular site visits.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave entitlement and many other benefits including opportunities to develop your career, a generous pension scheme and Health Cash plan for discounted optical, dental and health.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search email@example.com before the closing date of 12 noon Friday 17 September, 2021.
Click here to download the Development Manager (Regeneration) recruitment pack with full details of the role and person specification.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please call 023 8000 1153. Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.