We are looking for a commercially focused, experienced Development Manager to help one of the UK’s largest housing associations deliver major regeneration and investment opportunities in London.
Working within the Regeneration and Development Team, you will project manage a portfolio of projects including joint venture and regeneration housing development schemes from acquisition to practical completion. Hybrid working is available between home and the East London office (40% office based).
The role involves:
- Managing and delivering projects and overseeing procurement and delivery of new/next phases of regeneration projects.
- Ensuring schemes are delivered on time, to budget and are compliant.
- Identifying and managing opportunity and risk.
- Accurately reporting on progress, ensuring schemes are ready for delivery within targets and providing vital information if delayed.
- Leading on legacy regeneration schemes where defect rectification works are being undertaken.
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders including contractors and consultants, and engaging with residents and local communities.
- Maintaining robust document management systems whilst continuously reviewing ways to identity more efficient/commercial ways of working.
You will need:
- A thorough understanding of the housing development process from conception to completion.
- First class development project management skills ideally from a Housing Association or Housebuilder.
- Proven experience in delivering residential schemes within set targets.
- Awareness of statutory legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders including internal teams, external consultants, contractors and development partners.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a methodical and logical approach.
- Excellent financial reporting and business planning skills.
- Knowledge of build contract law, particularly development agreements, build contracts and joint venture agreements.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, networking and communication skills.
- A professional qualification such as RICS, CIOB or MAPM is desirable.
- Access to a car to travel to development sites.
As well as a competitive salary you will also receive a range of employee benefits including excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme, flexible working options and non-contributory life assurance.
If you are interested in the role but would like an initial confidential discussion please call Phil Foster on 023 8000 1153 or 07881 784997.
To download a recruitment pack with full details about the role click here – RECRUITMENT PACK DM Regen
How To Apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As this role is required urgently it may close before the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter