Our client is a national organisation committed to tackling homelessness. They are a forward thinking organisation that thrives upon the ideas, ambitions and diversity of its people. They are looking for a Development Manager to form and manage a team that will take the lead on the refurbishment, regeneration and development of new quality accommodation. You will be responsible for identifying and project managing new development projects and also ensuring current stock is fit for purpose. You will work on infill development, Joint Venture and Section 106 agreements, ensuring projects are viable and delivered on time and on budget.
We are looking for candidates with a mix of development and asset management skills and experience. You will need a strong background in managing projects, complex stakeholder relationships and working with build contracts or in joint ventures.
The role involves:
• Identifying current stock to dispose of or improve.
• Identifying new opportunities for development and providing technical and viability appraisals.
• Negotiating and securing funding.
• Overseeing budgets, revenue forecasts and cash flow forecasts.
• Managing the design, procurement and delivery of construction proposals.
• Ensuring buildability of schemes, maximising value and delivering a clear return on investment.
• Ensuring schemes meet statutory and funding requirements, and quality expectations.
• Producing reports setting out the benefits and risks of development opportunities and providing timely reporting on live schemes.
• Developing effective relationships with partner organisations, in particular the HCA, GLA and Local Authorities.
• Overseeing negotiations with property owners and solicitors to ensure that best value is achieved in new acquisitions.
• Managing external consultants and contractors.
• Engaging with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to achieve well-designed homes which meet the needs of residents.
• Establishing and maintaining an effective property portfolio database and ensuring records meet statutory and regulatory obligations.
You will need:
1. Experience of managing projects to time and budget.
2. Experience of working with build contracts or in joint ventures.
3. Experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships.
4. Experience of appraisal and programme software.
5. Good understanding of risk management.
6. Demonstrable experience of the town planning process.
7. Proficiency in financial appraisals and budget control for new build regeneration and refurbishment housing/mixed use projects.
8. Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external parties.
9. A relevant professional qualification (RIBA, RICS or CIOB) within the built environment or significant progress towards achieving a professional qualification.
In return you will receive:
• A competitive salary
• Flexi-time working that allows you to balance work and home life
• Generous pension scheme with up to 6% employer contribution
• Personal development opportunities
• 25 days annual leave (increasing to 28 after five years)
• Good maternity, parental, dependents and compassionate leave arrangements
• Season ticket loans
• Employee assistance programme
To apply for the role please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org before 2 January 2019.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call Claire Goodall on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up today for our regular job alerts