Our client is an enterprising, successful and ambitious not-for-profit organisation with exciting plans to increase the range of quality and affordable housing in South East London.
They are looking for a Design & Technical Manager to join their development team and provide technical support on all schemes. You will be involved from inception to completion, to ensure new homes meet quality, design and construction standards, whilst complying with regulatory, funding and statutory requirements.
The role includes:
• Ensuring all schemes and build quality meet design and quality requirements.
• Conducting design/technical reviews and provide technical support.
• Leading on all Health and Safety and Fire Safety liaison to ensure developments comply with regulations.
• Leading on innovation within design and specification to achieve efficiency and value for money.
• Enabling implementation of BIM in a phased programme across all development projects.
• Leading the preparation of the BIM business case and implementation for new building for building safety, management and maintenance.
• Developing BIM systems and processes to ensure data for all new build projects are available across the organisation
• Researching and reporting on emerging trends within design specification and sustainability
• Researching new and innovative products and building specification for new build and retrofit
• Providing value engineering solutions to challenges, encouraging innovation and continuous improvement
You will need:
• To be educated to degree level or hold extensive technical knowledge of building standards, design and construction technology.
• Substantial experience of working on mixed tenure projects from inception to completion and providing technical guidance on design and construction.
• Experience of working in development, ideally within the affordable housing sector.
• A sound understanding of project technical requirements
• Understanding of current building regulations, construction project methodology and local planning legislation.
• Experience of carrying out technical reviews, preparing design and technical briefs.
• Ability to work with and communicate effectively with a variety of client groups including construction teams, contractors, customers, colleagues and regulatory bodies.
• Good financial and commercial awareness to ensure schemes are viable.
• Strong planning and project management skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
Please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search email@example.com before 23 September, 2020.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call Claire Goodall on 023 8000 1153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held week commencing 12 October, 2020
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Sign up today to receive regular job alerts direct to your inbox