Experienced Construction Quality Assurance Manager (Clerk of Works) needed to join the development team of a large social housing provider to ensure major new development projects meet quality control and comply with legislation. You will be involved throughout the entire process from pre-construction to tenant handover; working to minimise defects and improve customer satisfaction by ensuring schemes are built to the highest standards, are cost effective and delivered within agreed timescales.
• Manage quality control (materials and workmanship) to ensure schemes are fully compliant.
• Ensure developments are viable and represent good value for money.
• Carry out all snagging and technical inspections onsite.
• Ensure external consultants deliver effective performance.
• Ensure Health & Safety and Fire Safety regulations are met.
• Provide handover and aftercare support as required.
You will need:
• Proven experience in a similar environment
• Good technical construction knowledge
• Experience of managing contractors
• Extensive experience of writing high quality works specifications
• Strong budget management skills
• Good understanding of CDM regulations and requirements.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in producing and presenting clear, concise reports.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including word, excel and outlook.
• A construction trade or management qualification.
• Site management safety training and ICWCI, RICS, CIOB membership desirable
Download the Recruitment Pack for full information on the role – Clerk Of Works OE Job Pack
Email your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com before Friday 23rd October 2020.
Check out the Ocean Edge website for useful advice and guidance on all aspects of your application, from writing a supporting statement to crafting your CV and how to perform well at interview.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch on 023 8000 1153 for a confidential discussion.