Great opportunity to join an award winning established housing association in west London that is committed to increasing the supply of affordable homes. Our client is looking for someone to manage their commercial portfolio and ensure compliance.
The main focus of the role is to:
• Lead on the programming of the development programme and manage the associated grant submission and claims
• Manage the commercial portfolio, comprising a mix of comprising retail, workshop and community uses
• Dispose properties that are no longer needed
1. Responsible for monitoring a new homes programme (including monitoring performance against key targets, milestones and financial performance of both the overall programme and individual schemes).
2. Run regular programme meetings with development staff to update on progress of schemes in the programme and in the pipeline, and to keep staff updated on grant and other regular compliance requirements.
3. Be the lead contact for grant submissions and programme matters; inputting scheme details onto OPs, liaising regularly with GLA Investment staff to secure grant approval and keep them updated on individual schemes.
4. Responsible for maintaining scheme audit files ensuring they are grant compliant, planning compliant, meet statutory requirements and that schemes can be charged once completed. Act as the main contact for auditors during audits.
5. Liaise with local authority staff on grant funding matters: grant submissions, providing monitoring information and submitting grant claims and setting up systems to evidence progress and spend.
6. Represent the organisation at meetings and help develop joint initiatives.
7. Lead on preparing the development programme monthly cash flow of schemes by supporting project managers with analysing the actual expenditure posted on the capital accounts and forecasting future spend. Input grants data when necessary.
8. Manage a commercial portfolio by leading on: leasing the units, resolving day to day tenant issues, troubleshooting, budget management and maximising rent collections.
9. Instruct solicitors to draft commercial leases, appoint commercial agents to oversee rent collection unit management rent reviews and marketing, and meet with them to discuss tenancy performance and resolve any issues.
10. Liaise with Assets to identify properties which the organisation can no longer retain following option appraisal, support the process for gaining disposal approval and internal clearance and put in place arrangements for these properties to be sold by auction or by other agreed means.
11. Liaise with and instruct solicitors to act on disposals.
You will need to be able to:
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the development process and how this relates to the GLA funding framework and local authority RTB funding to keep milestones and monitor information.
• Maintain constructive working relationships with partners including GLA and LA and resolve issues as they arise.
• Hold regular check in meetings with development staff to gain progress and slippage information of schemes.
• Think logically and work in an organised manner, keeping accurate and up to date information to obtain clean audit.
• Produce accurate and regular cash flows for grant drawdowns and sales receipts and maintain a good overview of projected spend/income.
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Solve problems effectively and have high levels of personal ownership.
• Enter properties for auction in a timely manner and process all the legal documents necessary to complete the sale in time.
• Meet KPIs for commercial portfolio effectively i.e. % of units occupied, rent collection rates, lettings rates achieved and manage the commercial budget effectively.
In return you will receive:
• Competitive salary of £47,500
• A great working and team environment
• 25 days holiday with discretionary additional holiday at Christmas
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Simply Health cash plan and a choice of flexible benefits
• Complimentary Well-Being initiatives
• Exciting opportunities for learning and career development
To apply for the role please email your CV and supporting statement to Ocean Edge Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th April 2019.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call Claire Goodall on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion