Our client – an established private housebuilder – needs an experienced Development Manager to join their affordable housing team in order to maximise revenue on new mixed tenure residential developments.
You will have extensive knowledge of preparing valuations on land deals, land acquisition, the planning and development process, ideally acquired in a registered provider or local authority.
The role involves preparing valuations of the affordable housing element of land deals in order to meet local affordable housing rules whilst maximising revenue.
In the role you will:
- appraise potential development schemes
- prepare valuations of affordable housing deals
- prepare, submit and negotiate viability assessments
- obtain bids from RPs and negotiate development agreements
- interrogate local planning and housing policies to ensure schemes are deliverable and likely to achieve planning consent
- lead on viability negotiations with the local authority and secure satisfactory planning permission
- negotiate development agreements with RPs
- negotiate affordable housing and Section 106 agreements
The successful candidate will need extensive experience in:
- preparing valuations of the affordable housing element of land deals
- negotiating viability assessments with local authorities
- anticipating and working to overcome any difficulties to achieving planning consent
- liaising with affordable housing funders and meeting funding criteria
- maintaining accurate and up to date spreadsheets for each project
- working to achieve key timescales and financial targets
- instructing external consultants to prepare valuation, market sales and cost reports
- working on Development Agreements with RPs
To apply for the role
Please email your CV to Ocean Edge Executive Search firstname.lastname@example.org
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you have any questions about the role please contact Philip Foster on email@example.com or call 023 8000 1153 for a confidential discussion.