Do you struggle with time management?
Do you ever find yourself rushing around late for meetings or missing deadlines on important projects – maybe your time management isn’t as good as you may think.
There are a number of steps you can take to improve your skills in this area, here are just a few.
- Try to prioritise your workload so important deadlines are hit and you are not doing work that doesn’t need to be done for another two months.
- Use your phone to set reminders for meetings and give yourself plenty of time to get to them.
- If big projects get you confused, break them up into smaller chunks so they are easier to manage.
- Multi-tasking makes your brain work doubly as hard if you are constantly switching between tasks – stick to one thing at a time, get it done and then move onto the next.
- Prepare for the next day the night before so you know what needs to get done and where you need to be.
- Be aware of your time and how you use it each day – you might realise you spend more time doing something than you should be.
Maybe you think that you already do all the above but somehow you still lack the skill to get things done on time. Maybe your energy levels need a boost. Try and practice a healthy lifestyle in and out of work by eating well, exercising regularly and make sure you get plenty of rest and a good night sleep!